Tour the Christmas Kitchen! | WHITE HOMES


Hello there! Welcome to a tour of our Christmas kitchen! I'm joining in with some truly talented bloggers this week to showcase one room in our house decked out for the holidays, and of course I went with our new kitchen, duh. :) My friend Chris at Just a Girl has coordinated this tour for a few years now and I'm honored to be a part of it. If you are visiting from Melaine's beautiful blog, welcome! 

I took a ton of pictures, not gonna lie. I'm just going to share them with you and comment here and there -- enjoy!:
two toned kitchen gray white
I wanted to keep our shelves functional but couldn't wait to add some Christmas touches: 
metal brackets wood shelves

A wood snowflake painted red: 
And a seriously cute wood sign from the Target dollar spot: 

Add in some fresh greenery and a couple ornaments and done!

I wanted to do something fun with the new vent hood -- I've been thinking about what I could do for months! I initially planned a wreath up there or some greenery, but we have plenty of that going on in the room. I had a fun idea instead and painted a wood sleigh and reindeer: 
wood vent hood
I just taped them up on the hood and they've stayed just fine. I had them "flying" across the front at first but it didn't look at good as I imagined. I love them lined up along the bottom!

sleigh and reindeer cut outs

I've seen this cute idea before but never implemented it -- we use this hot chocolate station a few times a week: 
hot chocolate station
It is so dang cute and such a functional way to add some Christmas cheer in your kitchen. :) By the way, the peppermint Hershey kisses are to drop into your hot chocolate -- divine. 
hot chocolate bar kitchen

I added tons of little touches throughout the room: 
hanging apron in kitchen

window seat kitchen

easy Christmas decor with ornaments

I'm all about using what we already have this time of year -- I like keeping the same decor but just changing it out. The Bub put the ornaments in this bowl and I added some fresh greenery from the yard. Festive and easy! 

I think the window seat is my favorite spot in the kitchen. I'm not surprised one bit. :) I made more napkin pillows, of course!: 
napkin holiday pillows

I wanted the Newbury plaid pillows from Pottery Barn but there was no way I was spening $30 each on holiday pillows. I grabbed some of the napkins in the same design and made four of my own for $22 total. BEST hack ever: 
Pottery Barn pillows for cheap
I shared how I make these table linen pillows here. It never fails to work out well and much cheaper. Now I just need to get the cushion done for the window seat and this will be the coziest spot in the house!:
bay window seat kitchen
Oh and that lumbar pillow in the front was a placemat. :) I can't stop!

I'll leave you with a few a lot more shots of the space:
glass door pantry

gray and white kitchen

gray and white kitchen cabinets


planked wall kitchen


jars for baking

chalkboard in kitchen
I love bringing FUN to my holiday decor by using red. It's fresh and festive and I'm just a sucker for the traditional look at Christmas. I'm way into plaid this year too and I'll share more of our holiday decor very soon! 

If you have questions about anything in this room, please feel free to ask in the comments. To see the transformation this room underwent this year, check out this post. It's pretty spectacular, if I do say so myself. ;) We love our new kitchen so much!

Now it's time to continue the tour at Erin's place, Sunny Side Up. Her home is absolutely gorgeous, you will not be disappointed! 

Post a Comment

 
Top