One Jar, Three (Cute!) Gifts | WHITE HOMES

Hey all! Thank you for the kind comments on our Christmas kitchen! All of the spaces shared in the holiday blogger tour this week have been so beautiful, I encourage you to check them all out! 

Today I'm sharing some super simple gift ideas and I've got a little something for one of you at the end. :) Tis the season of giving and I absolutely LOVE figuring out fun, expensive gifts for friends and special people in our life. 

I work with Better Homes and Gardens throughout the year to share some of their products and this month my mission was to show you just that -- a great gift idea. Of course I couldn't just pick one thing -- I like to think of ways to make the items work for specific people in your life. 

So that I did. And I want every one of these for myself. :) First up, I came across these BHG wood lid containers and knew I had to incorporate them somehow. They are too cool, I love the wood lid! By the way, the lid seals well and these come in three different sizes (they would be great for baking supplies on your counter!):
acacia wood lid jar

I got to thinking about those in my life I'm giving to this year and came up with a few inexpensive treats for each of them. First up, for my sister, the new mom:
relaxation gift in jar

Hello…who doesn't want to relax in a soothing hot bath, especially a new mama? I love each one of these items myself (we use the lavender Epsom salts all the time) so I gathered my supplies and put them together in the jar:
spa gift in jar

This is the small jar and it's plenty big to hold all kinds of stuff! And…it's just adorable:
relaxation gift idea

You could make this stuff go a long way -- one bag of the salts and a box of the beads would make quite a few gifts. You would just need poofs and a container for each one. 

By the way, I didn't buy plastic bags to make this look cute, I just cut the top off my Ziploc baggies:

Then tie them shut with twine. Easy!

The second one is for that person you don't know quite so well, but want to gift something nice. Of course I went with the wax warmers again because they are awesome!:
bhg wax warmers
I know, I've professed my love for these a few times but it's because they come in really beautiful designs and they work well. I also love that they work as a lovely nightlight because they glow. :) 

I took this one out of the package and it fit perfectly, even with a few sets of wax cubes added: 
wax warmer gift idea

Perfect for the teacher, coach or bus driver!:
gifts in a jar

And finally, one for the friend -- use it as an excuse to sit down, talk and have some hot chocolate together: 
simple gift ideas

Those stacker marshmallows works so much better in your hot chocolate because they take longer to melt. :) And I'm not even a mint fan, but one peppermint Hershey kiss dropped in a hot chocolate is my absolute favorite -- it's just a hint of mint! 

This is such a busy time of year and it's easy to let life get crazy. What a nice way to slow it down for an hour or so: 
easy hot chocolate gift

You could easily fit a cute mug in here too! The possibilities are endless with these jars -- and I love that they'll have it to keep and use anywhere in the house: 
hot chocolate gift in jar

So easy, so fast! And the price is good too -- the small jar is less than $10, and the most I spent on a gift was $26 (for the warmer ($10) and wax cubes ($2). Again, the hot chocolate and relaxation gift could be spread out to quite a few people, so you could make each one for less than $15. 

Here's a handy image to pin for later if you'd like: 
easy inexpensive gift ideas

And now the really fun part! Better Homes and Gardens are giving away a $100 gift card to Walmart to one of you so you can buy ALL of these for yourself! (Or whatever you want to get.) :) Just leave a comment here to enter -- what would you spend it on? (I say it's totally OK if you spend it on yourself!) Please include your email so I can contact you if you win!

 This giveaway is now closed. The winner has been contacted via email.

I received compensation from BHG at Walmart for my time and participation in the BHG Live Better Network. All experiences and opinions are my own. Follow BHG on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.

Post a Comment

 
Top