Simplifying the Art on the Walls | WHITE HOMES

Hello all! Hope you've had a great week and have a wonderful weekend planned! I'm back with a quick post about some changes I made to a couple walls in the house. I LOVE the new art so wanted to share it with you. :)

I've been busy purging the house (see my latest progress here) and along the way I can't help but see butterflies and switch gears to smaller projects around the house. It slows me down but I can't resist the pull of getting these easy projects done. 

A couple of them involve hanging some art I've purchased over the past few weeks. When we took a wall down in our family room a couple years ago there was one wall I wasn't sure what to do with by the end of the renovation. I ended up hanging some of our son's art to fill it:
White board and batten

I knew they wouldn't stay forever but I wanted to wait till I found exactly what felt right. 

It took a couple years but I found it while walking through Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago: 
Board and batten family room

Watercolors really speak to me lately -- I just love them. This one made me smile as I walked by and I kept going back to it over and over.

But it had PINK. Could I add pink in our family room? Was it too girly? I don't have pink anywhere else in the room. Is that even allowed??

I couldn't resist it. I think it's so pretty and it makes me happy when I look at:
Analytical gray Sherwin Williams

So far the husband hasn't said anything so I'm allowing a little pink into our lives. ;) 

I'll find a new spot for the Bub's artwork because I love it too -- but lately I prefer something simpler like this art to a gallery wall. I used to love a wall of scattered frames but now I'm more drawn to symmetrical displays like in our living room: 

The other piece I found recently was at Target and I LOVE it. We have a small wall in our mud room where I hung a small gallery wall. I've known for some time now that I wanted to replace that with something simpler: 
Beadboard high on wall

When I saw this Target watercolor art weeks ago I knew it would be perfect: 
Watercolor art Target

The colors are so beautiful and the simple design is just what I wanted. 

It goes perfectly with the blue green trim in the room: 
Dark trim white walls

I knew that gallery wall was too much, especially after I hung the command center on the wall to the right. (It is working so well by the way!) That has enough going on and I needed to simplify things in here. 

The Target art isn't a canvas -- it's printed on a hard background. The floral print from HL is a canvas and was something like 75 percent off! I'm so glad I didn't pass it up. I found both within the past few weeks so I'm betting you could find them as well. I usually make most of the art on our walls but both of these spoke to me, love them. :) 

Are you a gallery wall fan or do you prefer something simpler like one piece of art? I think gallery walls are easier because you can find frames at Goodwill and transform them so inexpensively -- finding the right size and look for art is much more difficult. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you back here next week! 

Post a Comment

 
Top