Our fun Disney art wall | WHITE HOMES

Hello there! I've been working like crazy to finish up the loft space and I'll be sharing the completed room with you next week! I am SO HAPPY with how it's come together. I'm writing you from the room right now and have been in here nearly all day every day (because I love it so much and because I'm trying to finish it up). ;) 

One little space that I finished up (well, started really) was the small Disney wall near the stairs. I knew when I made our Disney pin art months ago that I wanted to hang it in the room: 
DIY Disney Mickey Mouse pin art

This little wall near our book nook was the one I planned to put the art on: 
adding shiplap look to walls

I wanted to frame out the pin art somehow before I hung it but ended up just repurposing a small chalkboard we used to have hanging in another part of the loft. I had an idea to use it again so first I hung it: 
chalkboard with barnwood

And then I just nailed the pin art on top. :) I'll show you more of that in a minute. 

Then it was time to add some art. This wall will get a few more frames added to it over time (over time means when I take my next trip to IKEA, ha!) but we got a good start. 

I searched Etsy for Disney art and found a few printables I loved. They were inexpensive and I was able to download them immediately -- so easy! I printed them out at home so it took me mere minutes for each one. I link to each one below the photos if you are interested in the shops.

I loved this bright and colorful rendition of the castle: 
Disney castle printable

This version of Mickey made us smile from ear to ear:
Mickey Mouse printable

Isn't he the cutest?? 

I needed a landscape print for the final frame so I downloaded this Peter Pan art: 
printable Disney Peter Pan art

Goodness, I just love them. Each one is so bright and pretty. 

Again, the wall isn't much now, but it makes me so happy when I walk by it. I plan to add at least four more smaller frames next to the pin art: 
Disney pin art

I think I'm going to add to the bottom as well. It's a small wall but in a space most guests don't see so I may just fill it up so we can enjoy it. We have some fun photos from our trips I'd like to add here as well. (And yes, I still need to patch that small drywall spot.) 

You can see here how I just nailed the pin art to the top of the chalkboard frame. :) That art is seriously one of my favorite pieces I've ever made. I love how the wood and black mimics the look of the giant chalkboard on the other side of the room too. 

Even though it's not complete we love it -- and it's come a long way since I added all the farmhouse door trim earlier this summer: 

I can't believe how much this room has changed in just three months! That's fast for me as some of you know. ;) 

Now it's a bright and fun spot that will be a great addition to this space!: 
Disney art wall

Love it and love the backdrop of the white planked wall! And even with the cost of the frames so far it's only cost me about $20. 

Have you done anything fun in your house to commemorate one of your favorite trips or places? You can read more about how we fell in love with Disney and a few of my tips for newbies here


Post a Comment

 
Top