Fourteen Years | WHITE HOMES


Hello my friends -- this is something I do every year on September 11 and I'll keep doing it until it doesn't feel right anymore. I don't see that happening any time soon.

I've mentioned one or 150 times over the years that New York City is one of my favorite places on Earth. I knew the second we arrived there for my first trip 14 years ago that I would love it. That trip was less than two weeks before September 11, 2001.

That day the devastation wasn't just in NYC, and it was felt all over the world. But when we visit the city every year we always make time to visit Ground Zero. The new monuments are simply incredible. The sheer size gives you pause. We tried to visit the new museum during our trip earlier this year but not surprisingly, the line was crazy long. Next time we will make a point to dedicate at least half a day to it.

These photos are from the Ground Zero Museum and tell the story of that day. This location is separate from the new museum – it used to be closer to Ground Zero but it looks like it’s moved to 14th street. If you visit the city I highly recommend visiting both.

I let the photos do the talking:


 
 
117_thumb[1]_thumb[5]
Ground Zero Museum World Trade Center Memorial fountain World Trade Center Memorial One World Trade Center
(Freedom Tower)


Post a Comment

 
Top