Some of the Best in Blogland | WHITE HOMES

Hello all! I am so close to done with the bookcase I shared with you earlier this week…but I couldn't get it done in time. I'm so bummed out. Between with storms that kept knocking out our power and blowing everything away on Monday, an emergency vet visit for one of the cats and preparing to go out of town for this week's Haven Conference, I couldn't get it finished up.

Next week for SURE. The good news is I love it. :)

As I mentioned I'm off to Atlanta for our fourth Haven Conference. It's a conference for DIY and decor bloggers that five friends and I coordinate every year and I'm so looking forward to seeing so many bloggers and friends that I only see once a year! It's an odd thing to have such close friends you see so rarely. :)

I thought I would show off our speakers a little bit this week -- I asked them to share their favorite project of late and gathered them together here to show them off a bit. As always, I was totally impressed. This isn't our whole list of speakers (you can see them all here) but this shows what a talented group we have yet again!

Lesley from Chaotically Creative shared her son's room and you won't believe what the headboard is made out of. Hint: baby:

crib turned headboard

Simply brilliant! I'm obsessed with the wallpaper too. 

I'm a huge fan of Sarah's at Life on Virginia Street and I've shared many of her projects here over the years. She recently posted her summer home tour and it is a MUST to check out. 

Jen Woodhouse is a genius with the tools and this work bench has me drooling. She designed it so there's no mitered cuts necessary -- it's a fairly easy build that could be adjusted to make a beautiful coffee table as well. 

Kirsten from Sweet Tea and Saving Grace shared her Americana dining room makeover:
modern Americana dining room

You know I love the contrast of a beautiful deep blue with white! And I love her drapery fabric as well!

I've known Melissa at The Inspired Room for what seems like forever and her kitchen transformation is fantastic! She shares a tour of her home and that kitchen and you will love her home, I promise.

Bre from Rooms for Rent is another one of my favorites and she shared her latest home tour as well. Bre's style is so crisp and bright and her beautiful home just feels like summer.

Mandy from House of Rose shared her master bedroom makeover:

rustic master bedroom DIY

I am obsessed with both that nightstand and her bedding. It is a beautiful space! Her ceiling is painted an unexpected color that I find really soothing too.

Jamison from Rouge Engineer creates some amazing build plans as well. I LOVE the planks on his outdoor loveseat. (And of course the plans are free! I love blogland!)

KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms is a blast in person and it comes through on her blog. Her home is stunning -- I promise you, you don't want to miss it! She shared her latest home tour as well.

Jen from Style House Interiors is a find on Instagram -- if you are on IG she is a must follow! I absolutely love her style -- I mean look at her laundry room, hello!:

gray cabinets laundry room

She's just getting her blog going. You can see it here but it's undergoing a major redo so make sure to check back in soon.

Jaime from That's My Letter is another one of our bloggers who shares her building talent. Her plans are super easy to follow with great graphics. Check out her tutorial for a water hose hider with a planter on top!

I'm excited to see Amy from The Idea Room again this week -- we spoke together years ago and she is so sweet. She shared a tutorial on how they stained their oak banisters and it looks SO good!

Charlotte from Ciburbanity sent me her son's beautiful nursery:
rustic boy nursery

I don't think I'll ever tire of a well done planked wall. And I'm a sucker for navy and green too. Charlotte is a rock star for just having a baby and then coming to speak for us!

Jenna from Rain on a Tin Roof shared a brilliant idea -- her gallery wall is one of the best I've seen because of the simple paint treatment she did behind it. And I love how you hardly even notice the TV now!

Liz Marie shared her pretty budget-friendly patio makeover from her old house. My favorite part is the outdoor table that anyone could do (if you are comfortable with a jigsaw). You have to check out her new home too, they've been hard at work on it.

Gail from My Repurposed Life comes up with the BEST projects and this one that turns chairs into a pretty bench is just another example. She is so creative, I love how her brain works.

And last, but certainly not least, is our friend Marian at Miss Mustard Seed. I love her. :) She was on the Haven team our first year but because she is a rock star had to pull out to focus on her business. She shared how to make a new table look old and worn -- funny how we want to do that sometimes:
making a new table look old

I hope you enjoy these and find some blogs that may be new to you! I'll be off in ATL for the rest of this week, have a great one!

Post a Comment

 
Top